Camouflage Belly Bulge
No matter how many crunches, sit ups and other abdominal exercises a person does, there's always a chance that a belly bulge is going to exist. That's not a bad thing, because it's just the way some bodies are. However, it can be annoying when you're trying to find clothes that look good on you without accentuating a less-than-flat stomach.
Here are some tips to for keeping belly bulges under cover:
- Make sure your clothes fit. Wearing something too small or too tight will accentuate the problem. Wearing something too large will make it obvious that you're trying to hide something.
- Tight, stretchy fabrics accentuate bulges. Choose free-flowing fabrics that don't cling to your body.
- Try wearing a banded top. This is a shirt that has a band at the hemline, which is great for covering a belly bulge.
- Empire waist tops are great for hiding a belly bulge since it nips right under the bust and hangs straight down all the way.
- Avoid tucking your shirt in. Letting a shirt flow over your pants or skirt elongates your torso and hides your belly.
- Stay away from pants that have a lot of waist detailing such as lots of pockets, belts and bows. They tend to bring attention to the tummy area. Stick to simple flat front pants with little or no waist detail.
- Wrap dresses and wrap shirts also hide and distract from belly bulge, especially when they are in colorful patterned styles that draw the eye away from the problem area.
- Shapewear can be a great way to help hide your trouble spots, although it can be a little uncomfortable.
- Rather than covering up in a big jacket, wear one that is fitted. It will enhance your silhouette.