2011 Trends2011 Trends
If fashion writers are on the mark in terms of the trends we'll be seeing throughout 2011, here are some you'll want to consider:
Stay tuned for updates. Fashion trends are always changing. We'll do our best to let you know about the newest ones.
- What's old is new again. The silhouettes of the '50s and '60s make a strong return with shapes that accentuate curves and foster femininity.
- Lace isn't a new trend, but it is emerging with a more classic side characterized by quality antique-style fabrics.
- The '70s are back too. Look for two distinct trends: '70s bohemian and '70s sophisticated glamour.
- Crochet and macramé are gaining traction again with the rebirth of 70s fashion, and the maxi dress is back but more sheer than ever before.
- With the come back of all things 1970s fashion-forward people are turning once again to bell bottoms and flared pants as their style of choice.
- The military fashion trend has been around for over a decade, but a slightly edgier look is now emerging with what is called the biker trend.
- Details never go out of style, and this year one of the most popular trimmings is tassels. You'll see it adorning everything from handbags to shoes to dresses and hats.
- Stripes are a dominant part of any spring / summer season, though usually, year on year, featuring a variation on the theme. This season sees stripes with an unsurprising nautical dominance.
- Clogs aren't the most glamorous or practical of footwear trends. Still, they reached new heights in 2010 and will continue to have an impact on 2011's footwear trends.
- Kitten heels are making a return too, spurred by the trend of '50s and '60s dressing.